Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, I can recommend trusted lenders that are well respected and will get the job done!
- Hiring an Agent – You will be spending a lot of time with the agent you hire. It is critical that you choose someone that communicates effectively and is responsive. Understanding your needs and the area is critical as well. Additionally you’ll want to to hire someone that has a good understanding of the market & real estate forms and that tedious contractual side of dealing with all the paperwork. The Marzano Advantage team of agents including myself – Laurie Marzano, Debbie Mullins and Shellie Rhodes are sure to satisfy all of those requirements. We work together to ensure you will receive the best possible level of service.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, I can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bed and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. Also be aware that popular websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia may not have the most up to date information regarding what is on the market or what may be under contract. It is better to consult with me directly so I can set you up on a direct Multiple Listing System (MLS) query so you see properties that meet your criteria right when they hit the market! In a fast paced market it is necessary to see popular properties as soon as they become available and The Marzano Advantage team is prepared to do just that. I am dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, I will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, I can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a Due Diligence period to have the house professionally inspected, work through the loan process and request repairs or re-negotiate if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, your lender will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing necessary papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, I can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!